These marinated red onions are so simple you’re going to wonder if I forgot the rest of the post, but nope – it’s as simple as 1 – 2 – 3. The uses for the red onions once they’ve been marinated though is endless! Try them on a salad or sandwich, as a topping for fish tacos, mixed into pasta salad and the list (like the beat) goes on. La de da de de! La de da de da! And now we are all singing Sonny and Cher as we make our onions.
I’m sure you’ll find other uses for the onions once you have them in your refrigerator so please post a comment so the other dollopers can try your finds too!
Slice a red onion very thinly and place the onion slices in a sealable jar (or container)
Pour red wine vinegar into the jar until it covers all of the onions
Close jar and put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to a few days
- Red onion
- Red wine vinegar
- Jar or sealable container
- Slice a red onion very thinly
- Place the onion slices in a sealable jar (or container)
- Pour red wine vinegar into the jar until it covers all of the onions
- Close jar
- Shake the jar a few times to mix vinegar and onions
- Put the jar in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to a few days